Friday, March 12, 2010

hip to be square

Last Thursday, Lucy and I travelled to the particularly beautiful Stoke Newington Team Rooms for a Crocheted Granny Squares workshop run by Claire and Bee of Make Do Mend. It was a really great evening - educational and fun! My previous knowledge of crochet was rather limited, as despite being able to make a simple granny square, I did not know what stitch I was doing, nor how to do any other stitch, so it was super super useful to pick up some of the theory, and start to understand how to translate written patterns and diagrams.


The Tea Rooms were scattered with crochet goodness and more tea and cake than you could shake a stick at, which is always a plus of course! (chocolate and almond was my slice of choice, although it was a tough decision between that and the lemon cake...!)





So now I just have to remember the difference between my trebles and treble-clusters and I'm all set for granny square heaven!
My challenge, if I choose to accept it: A blanket in time for Christmas 2010! Watch this space!

x.

No comments: